Little Rock Custody Lawyer for Non-Married Couples

I nonmarriedcouplesandcustody

Understanding Your Rights as an Unmarried Parent

All parents, regardless of whether they are married to each other or not, have rights with regard to a meaningful relationship with their children. Under Arkansas law, however, it is necessary to establish paternity before those rights can be exercised. These cases can become quite complex, and it is important that you seek the advice of an experienced Little Rock custody attorney.

For non-married couples, the father is a legal stranger to the child prior to establishing paternity. At The Wright Law Firm, I represent mothers and fathers in all aspects of custody and visitation matters. I have helped countless clients in these types of cases, and I am committed to seeing that their parental rights are protected.

Arkansas Visitation and Child Support Attorney

Once paternity has been established, the father has all of the same rights and responsibilities as any other. In most cases, the child’s mother has no objection to the child’s relationship with the father. If she does, though, it does not take away from the father’s parental rights. Legal action can be taken to establish and enforce a custody and visitation agreement.

As your lawyer, I will do everything in my power to help you reach a favorable outcome. If you are a mother and have concerns about the child’s safety under the father’s care, I will work to ensure that your child is not put in harm’s way. If you are a father wishing to establish a relationship with your child, I will help you establish paternity and fight for your parental rights.

Contact My Office Today

If you are an unmarried parent and have questions about custody, call me at 501-376-0400 , toll free 888-594-6145. Or, contact me online to schedule an appointment.

Tell Us About Your Case

Mail Icon  Tell Us About Your Case

The Wright Law Firm
111 Center Street, Suite 1200
Little Rock, AR 72201

Toll Free: 888-594-6145
Phone: 501-376-0400
Fax: 501-376-0415
Little Rock Law Office Map

Review Us