Little Rock Spousal Support Lawyer

I spousalsupport

Financial Support for Spouses After a Divorce

In many divorces, spousal support can be one of the most strongly contested issues. Also referred to as alimony and spousal maintenance, spousal support can be paid by either spouse to the other at the court’s discretion. Spousal support is not automatic in Arkansas, and it is within the court’s power to deny alimony completely.

Whether you are the spouse seeking support or the one trying to avoid paying it, there is a lot at stake in these cases. Be sure that you have representation from an experienced Little Rock spousal support attorney who knows the law and has the skill to protect your interests. At The Wright Law Firm, I represent clients on all sides of these cases.

Reliable Arkansas Alimony Attorney

Depending on the circumstances of your case, the court has the ability to consider three types of spousal support:

  • Rehabilitative spousal support which is intended to help the recipient spouse obtain the training or education needed to become self-sufficient.
  • Temporary spousal support which is paid while the divorce is still pending or for a set period of time after the divorce.
  • Permanent spousal support which is often reserved for long-term marriages where the recipient spouse spent most of his or her productive years as a homemaker.

Among the factors that the court considers in making its decision regarding spousal support are the following:

  • Length of the marriage
  • One spouse’s need versus the other spouse’s ability to pay
  • Each spouse’s income level
  • Each spouse’s ability to earn a living
  • The standard of living established during the marriage

Ready to Protect Your Interests

When you hire me as your lawyer, I take the time to fully review your case and build the strongest possible argument to support your position for or against a spousal support award. My extensive experience handling these cases from both sides allows me to provide much more effective representation to each client.

To learn more about your rights with regard to spousal support, contact my office today.

Tell Us About Your Case

Mail Icon  Tell Us About Your Case

The Wright Law Firm
111 Center Street, Suite 1200
Little Rock, AR 72201

Toll Free: 888-594-6145
Phone: 501-376-0400
Fax: 501-376-0415
Little Rock Law Office Map

Review Us