The Wright Law Firm For You

Determining Child Support Amounts In Arkansas

Determining the proper amount of child support is relatively simple in most cases, as the guidelines are dictated by Administrative Order 10 in Arkansas family law. However, it is important that the factors being considered are accurate and reflect the reality of your situation. To make sure you get a fair deal, it is important to work with an experienced lawyer.

I’m Trey Wright, a Little Rock-based child support attorney committed to helping parents throughout Arkansas make sure that their children have the resources and support they need. I provide my clients with outstanding personal service, skillfully guiding them through all stages of the child support process.

To learn more about The Wright Law Firm or discuss your child support needs, call me at 501-376-0400 or toll-free at 888-594-6145.

Deviation Is Possible In Some Cases

While not likely, it is possible to deviate from the child support guidelines in some cases. There are a number of possible reasons for child support deviation, including:

  • Child care expenses
  • Extraordinary education or medical expenses
  • Joint custody agreement
  • Extraordinary time spent with noncustodial parent
  • Paying for other children
  • Transportation expenses
  • Other available income or assets

It is also important to realize that child support arrangements can be modified in the years following a divorce. If it has been a number of years since you have revisited your child support orders, chances are that a modification is in order.

Addressing Hidden Income

In cases of self-employed individuals or individuals who own businesses, attempts are often made to hide the income of a party. There are other ways in which the court can impute income. At The Wright Law Firm, I am skilled at searching business records, tax returns and other avenues to make sure that proper child support is paid.

How Long Does Child Support Last?

Generally, child support ends when a dependent child turns 18. However, if a child is still attending high school when they turn 18, support ends when they graduate or when they reach 19 years of age, whichever comes first.

Contact The Wright Law Firm

If you have additional questions about child support or you are ready to talk with me about your case, contact me today.