Little Rock Parental Relocation Lawyer
When the Custodial Parent Wants to Move Away
There is a presumption in the state of Arkansas that a custodial parent’s decision to move away is in the best interests of his or her children. The noncustodial parent has the right to fight the move but must present an extremely compelling argument in order to be successful. There is a lot at stake for both parents in these cases, and having skillful legal representation is critical on all sides.
Whether you are the custodial parent who wishes to move away or the noncustodial parent trying to block the move, The Wright Law Firm is ready to help you. I am Little Rock parental relocation attorney Trey Wright. I represent parents across the state in all aspects of these cases.
Arkansas Custody and Visitation Modification Attorney
With every client I serve, my only goal is to help you obtain the best possible outcome. No matter which side of the case you are on, I work to build the strongest possible case to support your position. The landmark case regarding parental relocation is Hollandsworth v. Knyzewski, 353 Ark. 470, 109 S.W.3d 653 (2003) which included a number of factors that the court should consider. I build my cases around these factors in an effort to give you the best chance of success.
According to Hollandsworth v. Knyzewski, the matters the court should take into consideration in making its determination about parental relocation include the following:
- The reason for the relocation
- The educational, health and leisure opportunities available in the location in which the custodial parent and children will relocate
- The visitation and communication schedule for the noncustodial parent
- The effect of the move on the extended family relationships in the location in which the custodial parent and children will relocate, as well as Arkansas
- The preference of the child, including the age, maturity and the reasons given by the child as to his or her preference
Discuss Your Child Custody Questions With a Lawyer
To learn more about your rights with regard to parental relocation, contact my office today.